Whenever I have faced hard days, this is what I have done and continue to do to feel better…. normal things! Sounds too simple but it works! The first suggestions is talk to God and read His Word. This is always first!
1. Unplug the television. I had to do that during Desert Storm and 9/11. Be informed, not overwhelmed.
2. Clean a drawer, closet, or refrigerator. When you are done, step back and give yourself a pat on the back. Cleaning or organizing something will reset you thoughts.
3, Exercise, even walking will help you feel better. Grab a jacket and the dog lead and go for a brisk walk even around the block.
4. Eat real food. Try to eat something that will nourish your body. This can be hard, but please try to do this one.
5. Get some sleep if you are not getting enough, and get out of bed, if you are getting too much.
6. Have coffee with a friend. You need someone to share your burden with. Face to face is best! Don’t isolate yourself.
7. When all the normal things don’t help, get professional help right away. Call this number if you feel suicidal: 1-800-SUICIDE or
If you are going through a hard time, God knows and He loves you! Get help if you need it! Be blessed!